Hi! I’m glad that you are taking a minute to check us out. Please continue to look around to find out more about us. Got a specific question? Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or call me anytime (309 433-5807), and I’ll be happy to speak with you about whatever’s on your mind.
At Our Savior, we proclaim that Jesus is our Savior, and the Bible is Word of God, absolutely true and perfect in every way. There we see how Jesus won the victory by conquering sin, death, and the devil at the cross, and he gives to us the free gifts of forgiveness and salvation. We daily celebrate that victory and enjoy the blessings that our Savior has for us now and for eternity.
Come and see us to learn more about your victory in Christ our Savior!
Pastor Paul Jenkins
The gospel (or good news) is not just information about what Jesus did to save sinners. It is also the power God uses work faith in our hearts and transform our lives. Therefore, Lutheran worship places the gospel in central focus in an order of service called the liturgy. In the message and meal (Holy Communion), in specially selected Scripture readings, and in carefully crafted songs, prayers, and creeds, the liturgy proclaims the good news about Jesus from start to finish.
At Our Savior we strive for worship that is...
· more celebration than party.
· more accessible than simplistic.
· more profound than complicated.
· more worthwhile than convenient.
· more timeless than traditional.
· more diverse than contemporary.
· more crucial than casual.
Come join us. We will work hard to make sure you feel welcome. We will also tell it like it is - helping you come face to face with your living and loving God.
What About Children in Church?
Sometimes parents (and even churches) can think that church is not a place for children. At Our Savior, we're convinced that nothing could be further from the truth. We want children in church worshiping with their families and learning about Jesus' love.
· Even from the earliest of ages, children are models of faith that all of us can learn from (Luke 18:16,17).
· Our worship format encourages families to be together, and is ideally suited for active engagement and participation by all, including children.
· The sights and sounds of active children within our congregation are a great joy to us and evidence that God is blessing our future even now.
We realize that, especially at first, having children in church can be a challenge for parents. To help, we offer the following:
· A children's devotion on the third and fifth Sundays of each month, tailored specifically to help your kids learn about God.
· Helpful worshipers who will be glad to assist you with your child, without judging you.
· Children's activity sheets that kids can work on during the service.